Southwold Township: Our many small hamlets, the beautiful countryside make for an enjoyable visit, and an enviable lifestyle. Southwold Township offers all of the simple pleasures of country living without sacrificing access to urban amenities.
In Southwold the pleasures of country estate living are possible within minutes of the cities of St. Thomas and London.
SOUTHWOLD TOWNSHIP BURN PERMITS
Starting April 9, 2020, burn permits will be available through a dedicated website. Effective April 15, 2020, burn permits will only be available this way. All you need is an email address to get started.
For residents without an email address or internet access, please call the Township office during regular business hours for assistance.
- Visit https: southwold.burnpermits.com/
- New Users: Click on CREATE ACCOUNT
- Enter your email address
- Complete the necessary information – name, address, materials & password.
- Confirm Burn Location is correct
- For residents living in a restricted built-up area, the website won’t allow you to apply for a permit
- For residents living near a restricted built-up area, you may have to move the marker to the rear/side of your property to be outside of a restricted zone. The marker is to indicate the location of your burn
- Your account has been created!
- Review the Terms & Conditions and click on the “I Agree” boxes
- Upload photos – optional
- Complete electronic signature
- Pick your preferred notification method for Burn Bans and other messages –this is an automated feature
- Permit has been submitted for approval and you will be notified by email onceyour permit is approved
- Existing Users:
- LOGIN NOW
- Click on NEW PERMIT
- Complete necessary information as described above
- Before Burning – once permit is approved, you are required to call the number listed on the permit before lighting your fire. This is an automated process and you will need to call from the phone number listed on the permit. The activation is valid for 24 hours and you may activate the permit as many times as necessary before the permit expires. Permit activation allows the Southwold Fire Department to be aware of burn permit locations and minimize call outs for permitted fires.